Kryptonite by EdwardAddict

Category:Maximum Ride
Genre:Romance, Tragedy
Language:English
Characters:Fang, Max
Status:Completed
Published:2007-10-03 13:42:38
Updated:2007-10-03 13:42:38
Packaged:2021-04-22 00:08:15
Rating:T
Chapters:1
Words:687
Publisher:www.fanfiction.net
Summary:Songfic. Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down Three years since Fang surrendered to the whitecoats. Three years since he had seen the Flock. When the scientists make him an offer he can't refuse, what will happen to the others? Faxy Oneshot

Kryptonite

A/N: I have a reacquired love for this song. And hey, I'm a little sick of constantly writing fluff, humor, fluff, humor, fluff, humor, fluff, humor, etc, etc. So hah! Add a little angst/tragedy to the mix. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Maximum Ride or Kryptonite, they belong to their respective owners.

Claimer: I do own this.

Kryptonite

Three years. Three years I had been locked in this god forsaken cell. When Itex went down, Imet rose from it's ashes, trying it's damndest to pick up where Itex left off.

They sent their new and improved Flyboys to capture the Flock and I. There were too many to fight; I told them to take me, just spare the others. They obliged. But I knew, deep down, I was only stalling. They would capture the rest, one by one.

What I didn't know was that the Flock was better at avoidance than I gave them credit for. All this time they remained hidden, while the whitecoats preformed enough surgeries on me to last all seven of us a lifetime.

I hoped for their safety every moment of my waking life. Naturally, when the whitecoats offered to release me I jumped at the chance, willing to undergo any experiment they had in mind. Just to see Max's face again. Anything so that they were all okay.

If I go crazy then will you still
Call me Superman
If I'm alive and well, will you be
There a-holding my hand
I'll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might
Kryptonite

In my wildest dreams, I had never imagined they would do this to me. Oh, they kept their end of the bargain, though. All I had to do was keep mine.

All that time, I didn't tell them anything about the Flock. Not a single thing; I would never dream of hurting my family. Well, the tides had turned, now.

I, flanked by the new Erasers, crept into the Flock's camp, moving as if we were shadows. Anderson snapped a twig, waking Iggy up.

My brother tapped Max on the shoulder, telling her they had to U and A now. She sprung into action and gathered the others. I admired her motherly qualities. My purpose came back to me and I shut out all emotion.

My former leader's eyes snapped to mine and she stopped dead in her tracks. "Fang?" she stuttered out. "Is it really you? I thought you were dead! What did they do to you?"

I stared at her evenly, pushing aside the sudden rush of guilt. "You don't want to know."


I'll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might
Kryptonite
Yeah!!

"Who are those...people with you?"

"The new and improved Erasers, Max. Just like me." She stiffened and went into battle mode.

The sounds of fighting whisked by me as fur and feathers flew. Max came at me, punching me quickly in the jaw; I barely felt it.

"How could you, Fang?!" she screamed above the noise.

"How could I? I was trying to save your life, Max! It was me or you. And I chose you. If you were smart, you'd thank me."

"Then why are you doing this? Why are you hurting us now? Do you know what it was like to think you were dead? It killed me, Fang, it killed me. But now you come back to finish the job!"

"I have to, Max." I knocked her unconscious and took her to the chopper. Soon, the others had gathered the Flock and we took off, back to Imet.

"I'm sorry, Max," I whispered to the silence. The whitecoats promised that after they went through the change, we could all be together. That we could finally live without constantly looking over our shoulders. We'd just have to help them a little.

Can't you see, Max? All of this was for you. Aren't I still your hero?

A/N: Woo!

Like it? Hate it?

Suggestions are welcome, reviews are love.