Heaven by carino2

Category:Maximum Ride
Genre:Angst, Drama
Language:English
Status:Completed
Published:2008-06-10 20:17:26
Updated:2008-06-10 20:17:26
Packaged:2021-05-07 02:27:51
Rating:T
Chapters:1
Words:516
Publisher:www.fanfiction.net
Summary:Ari expands on his plan for Max's capture during book 2. Please crit!

Heaven

I'm here to save you, Max. I swear I won't hurt you. See? I can look normal, too. I don't look my age, but I can at least look human. I can push the monster inside of me down so that no one knows it's there. Most of the time.

You hurt me, Max, but I don't hate you for it. I don't even want to get revenge. I just want to help you. You must've been confused. I know you wouldn't have done what you did otherwise. You know I'd never hurt you. The others, I would, but only because that's the only way I can get you alone. Plus, it's practically programmed in, but I'm trying my hardest to fight it. Daddy's trying to help.

I'm getting you this time, Max. I'm stealing you away and you're never going back. I'm making up all the time I missed when you ran away and took Daddy with you. I know you hate him now. I usually do, but he's proud of me for planning this all out. Almost like a real father would be. When the two of us get away, maybe he can come live with us. Wouldn't that be cool? Just the three of us, living together like a family. You would like it.

I'll have to hurt you, Max. I can't help it. It's the only way I can make sure you'll be safe. But don't worry. You'll heal, I promise. And it's all for the best. Everyone has to make some sacrifices. Yours will be for a good reason. See, we're going to die someday. Me sooner than you, I know. I don't think you have an expiration date. But before you die, I have to make sure you can get into heaven. That's where you belong.

God didn't make you, Max. He never created kids with wings. That's why I'll have to take yours off. He might not accept you otherwise, even though the wings aren't your fault. I have to make you normal again so you can go to heaven. It'll be worth it.

I know I won't make it up there, Max. God never created half-wolves, either. Plus, I've been bad. I've hurt people. I didn't want to, but I caved in to the scientists' threats. But you know that I'm not like that anymore. Maybe when you get up to heaven you could find some way to bring me, too. I know you'll ask.

I know you love me, Max. The same way I love you. You just try to hide it inside, and Daddy says that's not good. Why don't you show it? Daddy also says it shows you have a soul. You should want to show yours off. A soul is good.

You should listen to him, Max. Daddy always knows best.